Tuesday 29 May 2007

{Treat}

My regular treat is a good film - I almost always have one on when I'm busy around the house, or in the evening when I curl up on the sofa with a glass of wine to watch. This is actually just a section of our DVD collection - I dread to think what the accumulative value of all of these is!!


Yesterday I actually sat down and did some scrapping. This picture of the tap I've wanted to scrap for ages, although it may not be a usual subject for a page! The journalling reads "Most of the time at St Luke's we had to fetch water from the well for laundry and bucket baths. So on the rare occassion that the tap ran everyone got very excited! I just had to get a photo to commemorate the day the tap ran!" I love the making memories tapes - they have a lovely texture to them, and are really vibrant colours.


I'm not completely sure about the second page - I played around with it for ages and in the end thought it best to leave it be!


Today the packing up of the house starts, as it is now only about 3 weeks until we move and it is going to take us a long long time! A couple of boxes a day should help us on the way with it - today I'm packing up the fine china as we rarely use it.

8 comments:

Lima said...

WE love a good film here too. :)

Like the B&W shot, its different.

Unknown said...

LOL.. i love movies also. Goodluck with the moving, were right in the thick of it so i feel for you!

Aubrey Harns said...

We've got a similar collection here at my house - great shot.
Aubrey

Nina said...

Wow thats a lots of films!

Jo said...

Huge number of DVDs!
We only watch films, no TV for us, but we've got a way to go to catch up with your collection!

Kae said...

Got a massive collection and never get round to watching any... Nice B&W shot :)

Jolanda said...

Boy, do you have a dvd-collection. Great picture! Love your LO's as well.

Anonymous said...

Love the tap layout Jen - the story behind it is fabby :o)

Great shot of your DVDs - we're massive DVD lovers here too, bought another four for the collection yesterday!

xxx