Tuesday 25 October 2011

{Documenting 2011 - catch up!}

I've been way behind on my Document 2011 pages - April pages had been sat half done in my to-do pile since early May! A couple of weeks ago now I sat down and blitzed my way through them! I think because they'd been sat there so long I'd got a sort of scrappers block on them, and they just needed to be out the way!
Since then I've also completed May and June, and July is in progress, so I'm happy with that. With two scrapbooking weekends up and coming in November, I feel confident that I can get this project up to date. A massive photo order done yesterday should mean I can just grab it and go. In fact, I may not take anything else with me! 
Here are April's mini pages: 


April was a really busy month, with loads of days out and events to document. I prefer months like that, sometimes I have to work hard to fill the 18 squares! So in April we had my mother-in-law's 60th birthday party, easter, an ale festival, my first mother's day, a trip to the zoo, the royal wedding and a few random phone pictures of Benjamin.


This month was his half-year, and I LOVE the pictures from this month's photoshoot. He was at that lovely age where he could sit up, smile & laugh, but would stay still lol! I layered up lots of papers under the photo, and put my journalling both on the yellow die-cut piece and all the way around the edge of the page. The stars are embossed chipboard (I may be slightly addicted to Zing! powders at the moment!). There don't seem to be a huge amount of star shaped embellishments out there, but I love them for little boy pages. I'm in the market for a star punch if anyone knows of a good one?


1 comments:

Kirsty said...

Love it all! I have a fiskars (i think...) star punch that I found on ebay. It's the perfect size and is a squeeze punch so easy to use!